Wednesday 6 April 2016

Amor

Yes I know valentines day is over, but I have been having fun playing with the Sheena Douglas Day of the Dead range.  OMG! these stamps are amazing, I'd never tried the technique that Sheena showed on the telly of stamping in a distress ink onto stamping card and then drawing out the ink with water on a brush, but I decided to have a go and the card below is the result.


I wanted to keep it simple as the image is just so stunning, so I just created a background using distress inks and then stamped with some of the stamps from the Floral Fiesta set (again from the Day of the Dead range).  for those of you interested in such things, the ink used for the main image is Brushed Corderoy.

I'm sure many of you are already using, but I've only just discovered Sheena's Stamping Card - Wow! that stuff is brilliant.  I looked at it and thought, well it's only card, how different can it be?  The answer is VERY DIFFERENT, it really is a good weight card for a start, takes a stamped image brilliantly, and handles water so well without warping or pilling (well it did when I used it, I was quite sparing with the water).

Anyway, hope you have a lovely Wednesday & I'll be back again soon.

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: