Sunday 17 May 2015

Take one candle

Well today's sneaky peek goes back to one of my favourite techniques for making gifts, and that is candle decorating.  Whenever people see this they are always amazed and don't believe me when I tell them how simple it is (they're not crafters!).

Anyway, today's make uses the of the Fabric Companions on CD1, fabric companions are perfect for this technique as they have faded edges which work brilliantly as they blend into the candle easily.  The image (if you're at all interested) is design 7 on the CD (or 6 if like me you are looking directly at the files and not through the interface), and is a fab Japanese image.


I presume everyone knows how to do the candle thing now, but if you don't, just send me a message and I will happily put up a tutorial for it.  for the milk carton I printed two sheets of card with designs from the CD (designer paper 7 and coordinating paper 7 both colour 1).  I then used the Sweet Treats embossing board 'special treats' to make the box (I did cut the height down so that it's just the right height for the candle, I then cut out a panel and inserted an acetate window (embossed using Kimono Oriental Birdcage embossing folder) and decorated the outside with the Kimono blossom branch and birdcage.

Well, it's less than 24 hours to go until you can get your hands on this fabulous range, so until tomorrow...

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: