Sunday 23 February 2014

Crafty Saturday on my own

Well poor old Alison was not able to make it over yesterday, so I had to craft alone (well, hubby was in the next room but it's not the same).

I had two cards that needed to be made yesterday & I find that really concentrates the mind a bit.  The first was for a friend of my daughters who is 18 today and is a bit of a rocker (in a band, wears the grungy black clothing, looks really scary but is a wonderful chap), the second is for my boss (and I had to make it as he knows and loves my cards! so no pressure then).

So, onto the first card, I bought an image from Kenny K I love his stuff but don't often get an opportunity to use it, but this was ideal, I printed the image and coloured with my trustee Spectrum Noirs - have to say I love the finer tips the new ones have, made this much easier to do.  The background was made using some mat silver card stock which I ran through my ebosser with my latest embossing folder, which you can get here I've wanted this one for ages (well, I want them all but have to restrict myself!), it looks like an industrial floor and is just perfect for this, the 18 I cut using my Silhouette - the whole time I was doing it I was wishing I had the Scan n Cut but hey ho!  Anyway, I hope Regan appreciates the card, really think this is some of the best colouring I have EVER done!


The next card, like I said is for my boss - he really does not look (or act) his age, so I thought it was about time I reminded him (I promise he will get the joke & not be offended - thank goodness!).  The image is from Bugaboo and I printed it out with a blue frame around it (did this in microsoft word), then coloured with my Spectrum Noirs again - this took alot less time than the other card, matted onto some multicolour mirri card (sure there is a proper name for this type of finish but I really can't remember it right now) and it's done - just have to hope he likes it!


Anyway, must be off, I bought a new magazine while at the Supermarket (Papercraft Inspirations) and it came with a whole load of lovely stamps which I'm dying to try out!

See you later

Rach
x


2 comments:

Josie said...

Great cards, and they make a change from some of the usual cute and girly ones that I usually see. Thanks for sharing them x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant Card's Rachel sorry I could not come over to play still in bed but using Alan's Laptop hopefully next weekend fingers crossed am going to rest most of this week coming so I can play. Love Alison xx