Sunday 29 December 2013

Belated Merry Christmas & early Happy New Year!

Wow, I'm not very good at this blogging lark am I?  Sorry, it's been ages since my last post - I would blame the festivities, but i could have found 5 minutes if I really wanted to, but family, work, telly, pretty much everything else got in the way.

I had several orders for my candles in boxes for Christmas so that was a huuuugggggeeee boost to the ego, along with orders for the square crackers so that was great & must say a big thanks to Crafters Companion for the wonderful CD's without which I would not have been able to print the wonderful card to make them (or make the milk carton that the candles went in).

I'm already starting to think of ideas that I can put together for next Christmas & hopefully will be brave enough to hawk my wares around some craft fairs next year, well, we'll see....

In the meantime, I thought I should catch up with a couple of cards that were made before Christmas, the first was made some time ago, when I first got the BeBunni stamps, which I believe was during Crafters Companion birthday week, which I think was in October.  I thought I had blogged it before (stupid me, haven't blogged that much - doh!), anyway it uses one of the stamps, from the Bebunni range, together with a sentiment - the frame and the tag are both from the Crafters Companion Diesire range and the balloons are really old Sizzix dies - the papers are from a Wild Rose Studio Christmas collection of 6x6 papers.  Its a lovely simple card to make (even with the outside the die bit with the balloons).


Then next card is a fab Christmas card made with the Santa stamp from Crafters Companion (are you spotting a bit of a theme here?  I use an awful lot of Crafters Companion stuff!!), in fact everything on this card is from Crafters Companion, well except the base card and cardstock used, but all the dies and stamps, and even the embossing folder are all CC.  I'm not a slave to the brand, but boy do they do some great stuff!


Speaking of great stuff, my Christmas pressie was Crafters Companion too - it was a full set of the new version Spectrum Noir pens - have to say they are absolutely gorgeous, I have been using them the past few days to colour in some more of the BeBunni stamps - I really am trying a bit harder to make more use of the things that I have bought, instead of just putting them in boxes and stroking them!

Anyway, enough waffle, off to craft & I hope your Christmas has been as peaceful and relaxed as mine has - long may it continue!

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

About time you posted your cards Mrs, love them both hopefully should be able to get over and play again soon. Hope you have a good New Year and see you in January. Love Ali xxxx