Saturday 28 April 2012

Last of the Popcorn!

Well, having printed some toppers, I have actually used all of them - even went beyond and and stamped a Popcorn as well and made another card with that!

This first card is with the last of the printed toppers - I decided that with the end of the school term coming up, I needed a couple of teacher cards for my collection so that I might be able to sell them at the fair in the square I'm doing with Alison in a few weeks (Arghhh!! not nearly ready for this).  I'm very proud of the stoppers on this easel card, they were hand drawn and coloured apples done on shrink plastic.  The 'abcd's were done using my Moxy alphabet for the quickutz, spellbinders for the tag at the bottom and shape for Popcorn, the papers were free in a recent magazine (love that word - FREE).  The bookshelf was stamped from the matching Popcorn stamp set and coloured with my Speccies.
This next card was the continuation of my brief love affair with Popcorn (don't worry, it's not over - he will be back) and is a stamped and coloured Popcorn done in a tunnel card - again he's coloured with my speccies, the paper on the outside is from the matching Popcorn Kids CD, but the paper inside the tunnel is again from that freebie pad from a recent magazine.  I've also used a sentiment from the CD and I've used some Dew Drops for accents.




I thought it was important to show you the back of the tunnel card so that you can see how I've decorated this so that you can put a message on it (always important with a card).  I used another paper from the CD, cut and embossed a plain piece of card and then chalked through the nestie frame for detail and then added another detail from the CD which was on the sentiments sheet.







Anyway - hope you like these, I will be moving on to a Humphrey obsession now as I have recently taken possession of the latest 'year of Humphrey' CD and ALL the stamps (SQUEAL!!!!!), they are so gorgeous and I was close to hyperventilating when I saw how much wonderful stuff is on the CD - you must take a look at the toppers section, there is so much there, I printed off 3 sheets and now have 17 images to work with.  There are all sorts of Easel cards and so much other stuff to get the Mojo flowing, have to highly recommend this one, just go here to see for yourself!

See you soon with some Humphrey TTFN!




1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel gorgeous cards and am glad you finished using all the toppers rather than storing them as we do. As for the Fair in the Square it is now one week away today ahhhhh (she screams) didnt realise how close it is will send you some details via e-mail. Love Ali xxx