Sunday 25 September 2011

Oops!

OMG, I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post, I'm so sorry (though not sure who I'm apologising to).  I got a new IPad and have been busy playing on that and neglected to switch on my laptop and download anything from my camera - so much so that I've missed entering two blog challenges that I had actually made a card for, the third challenge (yes I made a card that went across three challenges) is still open, so I would like to enter this card into the Crafters Companion monthly challenge which is Christmas Wishes, and as I have a full set of the new Christmas Humphreys (Woop! Woop!), together with the CDs I thought it would be the ideal time to use them.

I used Crafters Companion water colour card to colour the image (this stuff is brilliant), and I have to say, I am now a convert to rock-a-blocks, I originally thought they were a gimmick and an excuse to get you to spend money - I was sooooo wrong, THEY ARE AMAZING!  All of the papers used on this card are from the CD, even the border across the middle.  Really pleased with how this card turned out and will be using Humphrey for so many more Christmas cards (well, until my snowman delivery from Crafters Companion arrives - I don't work for them, honest, but I sure wish I did!!).

I also went to Exeter Westpoint on Friday and spent soooo much money, had a great time with my friend Alison, and got to meet Stephanie Weightman, who was so lovely, and didn't make me feel stupid for asking for my picture taken with her - I will post this soon (though I feel fat and frumpy next to her, she is amazingly pretty).

Anyway, I hope you like my card, and I will try and return more often, as I have lots to show you, and plenty of pictures from Westpoint.

2 comments:

Eileen M said...

Hi Rachel. I found your blog a couple of weeks ago (I think by following a comment you left on Shirleys Goode life blog). I am a card maker too. It is very relaxing and its always good to have a card handy when you need one. I have loads of other hobbies so sometimes the cards are left for a while. I am slowly working my way through your blog and some of your cards are inspiring me. I will be getting my cards making stuff out again soon.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel card is gorgeous and I too had a wonderful time at Exeter thank you for the ticket and for taking me even if my directions get a little lost in the fibro fog. I look forward to your posting some more cards etc. I might even invest in the CD. Love Ali