Friday 29 April 2016

Something for the boys

Yay!!!! It's Friday again and a long weekend for all of us that aren't in retail or service industries (sorry for those of you that are).

I am really looking forward to doing some crafting (I have some new goodies due to arrive today so will have plenty of stuff to have fun with - not that my home isn't already crammed to the rafters with craft goodies!).

Today's cards are made using the recent Sara Signature Collection Just for Men, which I've fallen in love with.  Normally I hate making cards for men, they are just so difficult to make for, but this collection does make it really easy.

The first card is a really fun tool card, I started with a top opening A5 card which I cut the corners off to make an apron shape, I covered the front with a couple of the papers from 6x6 urban pad and used some ribbon to cover the join.  The pockets were made with Kraft card and then embossed using the checker plate and pop dotty folders and added some distress ink.  I then put some of the tools in the pockets and I even used the centre of some of the cogs to create the buttons, then finished off with the lovely Happy Birthday sentiment.


The second card, I used the superstars dies on a piece of copier paper to create a stencil and then used some nearly dried out ink pads to create the starry background, then I used the rockstar stamp in black to create a fab silhouette, the music notes and sentiment, then embellished with the guitar and flames dies and some more of the stars.  Mat and layer onto your card base & all done.


Well, hope you are all looking forward to the holiday weekend and find some time to get crafty.

TTFN

Rach
x

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Two fabulous cards Rachel, sorry I cannot be with you this weekend but hopefully the next one will be crafting. Love Alison xx