Friday 2 October 2015

Hello World

Cannot believe I keep leaving it so long between posts - I have been making loads of things recently (and buying with my birthday pennies), unfortunately I cannot share - yet!

But I've been looking back through my blog and realised there was a project I forgot to share when CC released their templates, and with Halloween fast approaching I thought I'd share this lovely project (well, I think it's lovely), which could easily be adapted into a scary Halloween Haunted House, in fact I might just have a go at that myself this weekend!

This was made using the Country Cottage Template, I didn't cut the windows that are templated as I wanted to change things up a bit and turn it into a garden shed.  My base card was Kraft card, which I then over stamped with a wood grain stamp in versamark and then clear embossed, gave a lovely wood grain effect to the base.  I used the Die'sire Icicles die to create the grass at the bottom (great versatility on that one!), the door was simply a piece of corrugated card on top of a larger piece of cream with a candi dot for the handle, a few embellishments and a sentiment and you're done.


I really do think this would create a great treat box for your Halloween candies, or even, with Christmas as the next holiday after that, you could have a fab time with the kids decorating it with sweets as a faux gingerbread house - once you get going the only limit is your imagination, so go have fun folks!

TTFN

Rach
x

No comments: