Saturday 16 November 2013

Not a card in sight

Well, I was left to my own devices today as Alison has family down for the weekend, so we didn't get to craft, but now my crafting area is permanently in the dining room and not in the corridor, it's so much easier to sit for the entire afternoon & just craft, which is what I did.  First I thought I'd show you a picture of the new crafting cupboard - I'm still deciding the best places for stuff to go & have already added some inserts to the draws to hold my little embellishments.


Gorgeous isn't it?

Anyway, I had some fun making things other than cards, the first is a square cracker, which really would hold quite a decent little present (some chocolates or jewellery - you could even fit a pair of socks in there probably).  It's made from a single piece of A4 card & was a doddle with the instructions from Claire Murphy's blog.  The sentiment is one of the ones that comes with the Tonic cracker die.


And finally (yes on a roll here!) I made a gingerbread house using the Crafters Companion sweet treats board, all jazzed up with the Studio 12 Picknix 2 CD.  I've left one side of the top open so that you can fill it with sweets or cookies for Christmas & although it doesn't show up very well, the roof is all glittery!


Well, hope you like all of these & hopefully this is the start of things to come!

Hugs

Rach
x

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Oooh wish I could of been there today love that cracker and the little gingerbread house so cute. So jealous of your crafty cupboard just wish it would fit in my crafting area but will have to make do with what I have hopefully see you next weekend. Love Ali xxx