Thursday 4 April 2013

I played in the Glitterpot!!!

Well, I'm enjoying a well earned (well I think it is anyway!) break from work this week, and as hubby had just sold his tennor sax and needed to deliver it (halfway meet), we decided to take a day trip to Sussex.  Yes, I know it's a long way to go, but it was a one off opportunity to go and visit far off lands and all the goodies to be had there.

The Glitterpot is well worth a visit if you're ever up that way (or fancy a very long day trip!), it is really well organised with loads and loads of stamps, papers, dies, inks and anything else crafty you can think of - it really is one of the best craft shops I've ever been in for variety (although our local shop, Just Tracy's is brilliant too).

Anyway, I restrained myself (mainly because we didn't take a transit van with us!) and bought a few little gems - a couple of sets of nesties, some stamps, some ink, more glue and knife blades oh and a paper pad, but not too much!

Well, when I got home I just had to play with it all, and the following two cards have used bits from my purchases.

This first one used a new stamp I bought of a Mo Manning image, she is just soo beautiful, but then I love all of the Mo images, she is such a talented woman and I love the fact that she shares her creations with the world and gives us the opportunity to craft with them.   In the background the lovely lacy doily is a Magnolia doohickey die, this comes as half of the circle and you then have to twiddle it round (technical term) and cut the other side - really easy once I'd got the hang of it & it creates a stunning shape.  The other items used on this one are from my existing stash, oh and the image was coloured with my Speccies, thanks to Tracy from Just Tracy's for the colouring day, I really learned so much from it, all put to good use on this image.

The next one is an image I stamped a few days ago and coloured but was waiting to turn into a card.  Bamboo is again coloured with Speccies, the backing paper is from the Bamboo CD, the die cut leaves and shape around bamboo are Diesire dies from Crafters Companion.  Flowers from stash (Wild Orchid Crafts and some from a craft show so I can't remember the company).  The butterfly and sentiment are from the Party Paws Luxury Card Collection oh and the peachy lace section you can just see behind the image, we that was a new stamp that I bought at the Glitterpot - gorgeous isn't it?


Anyway, hope you've had a good easter & overdosed on chocolate to your hearts content - diet can always start tomorrow!

No comments: