Sunday 4 November 2012

I'm back - again

Well, this post should have happened on Thursday morning, but I managed to hit the wrong button & everything I handwritten was deleted, I didn't have time then to re- post and then forgot to do it until now.

Thanks to my lovely friend Alison, who I spent a brilliant afternoon with yesterday crafting & helping her to spend money, I now feel like I'm getting back into Cardmaking - I actually managed to make 3 yesterday!! But I will save posting pictures of those for another day and just give you the details of one I made last weekend.

The stamp I used for this I've had forever and never used until now (hangs head in shame), I decided to stamp in versamark ink and then embossed with Wow ebony embossing powder - heated from behind it gave a lovely glossy finish. I then used some TH distress inks (I only possess 6) to create the ground and sky, then I used watercolour pencils and spectrum noir pens to colour in the buildings, tree and star. Then I mounted it onto some lovely sparkly blue card, then mounted onto a 5 inch square card blank that had been completely covered in a backing paper (again I've had this forever so couldn't tell you where it came from), The corner is the frostyville corner by Memory Box. It's a really simple card, but I'm quite pleased with it - it's nice to be making cards again!

Anyway, I'll try not to leave it so long next time.

 

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card Rachel am looking forward to seeing you again at the weekend. No spending though, gotta save some money for Exeter next year lol. Thanks for a lovely time on Saturday, see you soon. Ali