Thursday 21 July 2011

It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas!


Now I know loads of people are saying that it's too early to think about Christmas cards, but I say - it's never too early, there's so much to do by the time December comes around, any head start I can get is much appreciated.

The inspiration for this card came from Katy's challenge over on Docrafts, and it gave me the chance to get out my lovely bauble stamps from Waltzingmouse which are designed to sit inside the bauble nesties, together with the lovely sentiment, which also came from Waltzingmouse and the snowflake background stamp, which came from Papermania. The background was created by stamping the snowflake background several times in versamark and then covering with perfect pearls so the background has a lovely shimmery finish. The sentiment was also stamped with versamark, but this time covered with detail white embossing powder. I cut out the bauble twice and used a silver glitter embossing powder to give that lovely Christmasy finish - I put silver thread between the two baubles so that no matter how you look at it you get that beautiful sparkly look.

Anyway, hope you like it...

1 comment:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Rachel such a lovely card, I too must start thinking about Christmas Cards. Hope to see you soon. Love Alison