Friday 13 February 2009

Wow, 2 posts in 2 days


Well, I had to get a card made today for the Docrafts friendship swap, and have wanted to try out my new Promarkers and Copics, so this was the ideal chance. The image is a magnolia stamp, which I love - yes I know they are a little odd without noses and mouths, but I actually quite like that, slightly 'Mona Lisa' like and enigmatic.

Alcohol markers are fantastic because you can keep layering colour without deteriorating the surface of the paper, having coloured the image, I couldn't believe how perfect the colour looked (and couldn't believe that it was me who'd done it), I would highly recommend these pens to anyone. I know it may be heresy to say it as well with so many people recommending Copics, but I prefer the slightly cheaper Promarkers as the fine end of the pen suits me better, personal taste but I love the crisp lines you can get.

The background papers are Papermania, prima flower with a candy dot centre, papermania butterfly and papermania adhesive hearts too. The edge of the card has been inked with a colourbox chalk ink from the pastel range (sorry don't have the exact colour name.

Hope you like it - it's great to be back.

3 comments:

craftyrachel said...

Gorgeous card! I'm usually not a fan of Tildas, but this one is so very creative. I like how you have put together the image with the different papers and flowers. Brilliant!

craftyrachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jami said...

beautiful card.